Truckload shipping is the movement of full truckload of goods over-the-road. It is also called full truckload (ftl) as opposed to Less than Truckload (LTL) shipping, which involves load that does not fill up a truck. Truckloads usually consist of the same goods that can contain a semi-trailer or an intermodal. Typical truckload carriers can carry goods that weigh up to 45000lbs or more. A standard dry van can contain up to 24 pallets. If a load weighs more than 15000lbs or consists of more than 10 pallets, then a truckload trailer is recommended.
Compared to LTL, truckload shipping takes less time and your goods are more secure because the moment it is picked up, it is not tampered with until it is delivered. Unlike LTL, where the driver will have to make different stops until the truck is filled up. In the process the goods are arranged and rearranged over and over again.
Types of goods
The different types of goods transported by trucks falls under the following categories:
- Dry goods
- Perishable goods
- Hazard materials (Hazmat)
Types of truck
Depending on the type of goods, there are different modes of trailers or containers that can be used to ship them:
- Dry van
- Refrigerated vans or reefers
- Specialized trailers
The cost of truckload shipping
There are various factors that affect the cost of shipping full truckload, such as:
- The distance (origin to destination)
- The type of goods
- The season
- The weight
- Cost of gas
- The route
Why you should ship with Fortecho LLC
- We are not constrained to a particular state. This is because we have a network of carriers all over the country. As a result, we can help move your goods anywhere within the United States.
- No matter the type of goods you intend to ship, you can count on us to provide the right truck for the job. Whether dry goods or perishable or Hazmat.
- Cost-effective. We aim to give our customers the best price side by side with the best quality. This is possible because we have several carriers to choose from and our experience in the business enables us to make the right decision.
Ready to ship your truckload/ freight?