The term ‘facility’ means something that is built, installed or established to serve a purpose. Facilities include office buildings, supermarkets, hospitals, factories, revenue-generating establishments. Facility management entails all activities necessary to keep a building functioning effectively. It is the coordination of the physical workplace with the people and work of an establishment.
FM is about taking control of the running of a facility thereby freeing an organisation to focus on goals and productivity.The person in charge of handling facility management services is called a facility manager.
Most establishments outsource their FM requirements to Facility Management companies rather than running it internally. This saves them a great deal of time and resources among other things
Facility management operations
Different businesses have their different facility needs. Hence FM is applied in diverse fields and includes a wide range of support and services, such as:
- EHS(environment, health, safety)
- Property or building management
- Telecommunications and information systems
- Cleaning and Janitorial services
- Space management
- Building Maintenance
- Managing renovations and refurbishments
- Business continuity planning
- Hvac, Plumbing And Electrical Repairs
The bottomline of FM is to create a safe and productive working environment both for the staff and clients.
Benefits of outsourcing Facility Management Services
Like I stated earlier, most establishments outsource their FM services to companies dedicated to serving FM needs. This gives them a chance to focus on the most important aspect of the business – products and services. Aside from that it saves the company a lot of expenses. Other benefits of hiring FM companies include:
- Expertise and efficiency: A number of these companies specialize in a specific aspect of FM such as security, electrical repairs.
- Reduced liability to owners: by hiring an FM firm, a company can take it’s hands off issues related to staffing, training, payrolls and employee conflict or grievances that might lead to legalities.
At Fortecho LLC, our services range from housekeeping to electrical repairs and installation. We have been in business for some years and are currently partners with EMCOR, NGG Services and OneSource as facility management vendors and we are looking to expand our partnership with other facility managers in the midwest region of the United States of America.
For more information, contact us or have a Live chat with one of our representatives.