This article tells you how to ship your car. What you should know before you ship your car. Are you a first time shipper or you have shipped a few vehicles and now you feel it is necessary to get a complete understanding of the process of shipping. What you should know before you ship your vehicle?
Maybe you believe there are some things that you can learn that will make your next shipping a much easier and smoother process.
Then this article is what you need.
Here, you will discover the basic knowledge you need to have before you ship your vehicle.
These are a few FAQs that would help.
How do I know the right company?
Trusting someone with your car for hours over a thousand miles is a big deal, therefore it is essential that you make the right choice when picking a company to do the job.
- Every trustworthy business in this day and age should have an online presence. It is essential that the company has a website where you can go look up more information about their services, among other things. At Fortecho LLC, we have an easy to navigate website, you can visit our website using your mobile device or PC. Also, every bit of detail about our shipping services is outlined there, to simplify the process for you.
- Good customer service. A good company should have a rapid-response customer service. You should be able to contact a representative in case you need further information, especially during working hours. Also, if for any reason you have to contact them after work hours they should have an available means of contact such as email address, and you should receive feedback as soon as possible. At Fortecho LLC, you can contact us through email or phone number. You can also have a live chat with our representative waiting to answer all of your questions.
- Another important factor is customer review. For a company that has been in business for a while, it is expected that they should have done business with a number of clients. Customer reviews help you to know if previous clients had a positive experience with the company concerned.
- Be careful of companies that require you to pay upfront, especially if you are just working with them for the first time. When you ship with us, you only pay on delivery. We don’t charge you until you receive your vehicle at the stated destination.
- Also you need to know if the company you are opting for has the kind of service you require, for example, do they offer door-to-door delivery or terminal-to-terminal? Do they offer open or enclosed shipping, do they deal with operable vehicles only? Do they ship within only a specific region? Some companies only deal with enclosed shipping. If you require open shipping, they are definitely not the right company for you. At Fortecho LLC, we offer both open, enclosed and driveway shipping. We deliver to your doorstep or to terminals depending on your preference. We deal with both operable and inoperable vehicles. We offer a wide range of services.
How do I know the right price to ship?
There is no standard price for shipping your vehicle. Price quote usually depends on several factors like:
- The pickup and drop off location. This determines the distance of travel.
- The type of vehicle.
- If the vehicle is operable or not. A vehicle that is inoperable will naturally cost more.
- The method you want to use to ship. Is it going to be shipped open or enclosed? Most often people use open and it is cheaper compared to enclosed. Enclosed shipping is usually used for classic cars. Now one thing you should be advised against is going for the cheapest price. Instead go for quality service as long as you can afford the quoted price. Your car is a valuable property, you don’t want to put it in the wrong hands. Mind you, I am not saying you shouldn’t look for a fair price but ensure you don’t base your decision solely on prices. At Fortecho LLC, we go out of our way to give you the best possible price, and you can be sure that your vehicle is in safe hands. Click to get your Free Quote.
What do I do to get my car ready for shipping?
Now that you have gotten the right company with a reasonable enough price, you should get your vehicle ready for pickup. Ensure you remove any personal effect from the vehicle. If you have to move some load, ensure it is packed in boxes and put in the trunk so that it doesn’t rock and damage something in the car enroute. Also, inform your shipping company of the additional load for the sake of accountability. Some companies charge for extra load.
At Fortecho LLC we allow for a load of at most, one box at no cost, anything more than that will attract extra charges.
When the driver comes to pick up the vehicle, he will inspect the vehicle and take note of the state of the vehicle. This is done for the purpose of accountability.
How Do I Make Payment?
Different companies employ their individual payment systems, some accept cash, others don’t. You will have to come to an agreement with the shipping company on the method of payment. Remember as it was stated earlier, be careful of companies that request upfront payment, except you have been working with them before.
At Fortecho LLC, we accept money order and credit card payment. No upfront charges.
What Happens if My Vehicle is Damaged Along the Way?
This is a question you should put before any company you intend to ship with. Do not make the mistake of shipping with companies that have no insurance coverage.
At Fortecho LLC, we only work with carriers that are sufficiently insured, are registered with the Department of Transport and are able to confirm their DOT number and Motor carrier number. We take all the necessary measures to secure your vehicle and keep it safe until it is delivered.
What do I do when my vehicle is delivered?
Once your vehicle has been delivered, inspect your vehicle to ensure it is still in the original state it was when picked up. Make the necessary payments.
Congratulations, you have successfully shipped your vehicle.
So these are the basic information you will need if you want to ship your vehicle. If you still have more questions or you want to talk to someone directly call us at +12193001666. You can also have a Live chat with one of our representatives.
Get a Free Quote, let’s get your vehicle shipped without further delay.